Monday, October 18, 2010

Two weeks!

Two weeks to go and i think i am making some progress! I have completed a number of outfits and have bagged them up so they don't get dirty. These outfit are as followed
  1. Skirt 1 (sew hanging tape and label)
  2. Skirt 2 (sew hanging tape and label)
  3. Skirt 3 (sew hanging tape and label)
  4. Smocked skirt (sew hanging tape and label)
  5. Overlay skirt (sew in hook and eyes, sew hanging tape and label)
  6. Frilled Armhole Jacket (sew hanging tape and label)
  7. Smocked Jacket (sew hanging tape and label)
  8. Bodice 1 (sew hanging tape and label, tighten back, fix centre binding)
  9. Bodice 2 (sew hanging tape and label, tighten back)
  10. Bodice 3 (sew hanging tape and label, tighten back)
  11. Bodice 4 (sew hanging tape and label, tighten back)
I have decided that when i have finished all garments i will fix the minor problems, insert the labels and hanging tape.

I now moved on to tackle the wedding dress! My lecturer helped me put the base pattern onto cad and we also worked out the three layers and the fullness of each skirt in cad. I had a gathering ratio of 4 to 1 which meant a lot of gathering! We also put on another pattern which was for my other skirt that i was waiting on starting as my fabric hasn't arrived!

I then put the patterns onto the plotting machine which marks out your patterns for you. A much more easier way when you have huge patterns! I then had to cut out my tulle for the wedding dress which is very tedious and annoying! After two days i had finally finished cutting out all of the tulle for the wedding dress and was ready to start sewing.

Sewing the wedding dress is a massive job! I sewed the first layer on to the base which made me realise how much time this is going to take me as it took me half a day to complete! I woke up fresh this morning and arrived at Tafe at 9:30am to continued with my wedding dress. As i continued sewing each layer on the dress it was getting heavier and harder to sew. I left Tafe tonight at 7:30 leaving my wedding dress with only one layer to be sewn on. However, the bottom layer was collapsing under the middle layer so it wasn't creating the fullness i wanted. I decided i would leave my questions until tomorrow to be answered, hopefully it would be an easy solution.

I still haven't heard anything about my fabric which i need for the other skirt which is a bit concerning. Hopefully it will be arriving on Wednesday which will give me all of Tuesday to complete my wedding dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment