Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finishing line!

I have officially crossed the finish line!!! After last weeks fittings with the models i had a lot of alterations to my bodices. All my skirts fit perfectly which i was very happy about but i knew all the bodices would need fixing up just by looking at them on a mannequin. I had help from my lecturers with fixing up each of my bodices which i am so grateful for!

Eventually every one of the bodices was altered. Some of the binding was changed along the top of a couple of bodices because the fabric had been shot to bits with all the work that we had done on it in the process of fixing it up! I really like how each bodice looks now as it ties in more with the other garments and it is a lot more sturdy along the bust which i was definitely happy about because i was fretting that the models boobs might fall out as they were walking down the runway.

I picked up my labels which look fantastic and they are exactly what i wanted. My range is portrays femininity and i thought it would be cliché to have my label in script text so I decided to go with an arial text. Although my is feminine it still gives some edge and i think choosing a bold text brings out that edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment