Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Inspiration!

My inspiration came to me in the Christmas holidays when i found an article on an amazing designer, Antonio Berardi. His ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2010 collection was unbelievably inspiring to me and whilst reading the article i felt an immediate connection. It was as though he had taken the words right out of my mouth when talking about the female form and how you have to have a certain attitude to wear his clothes. When reading parts of the article to my mother, she laughed and said "he's like the male version of you Emma!". I felt there were parallels between the connection he had with his mother and the one I have with mine. In him stating, "my mother is like my soul mate".


As i read through the article i started to imagine beautiful long flowing dresses that accentuate the woman's body. I began to sketch a few ideas, one being a beautifully structured dress with a long detachable skirt that could be worn around the waist or as a cape. I continued to draw and collect pictures from magazines that inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment