Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Design!

I've had my first meeting and i think it went well because i've had a strong vision of what i have wanted to design and produce for my final range. After talking to Helen i began to draw page after page of designs because i was so excited! I was on a roll after i finished my first page and couldn't stop, it felt good. However, there was one thing that i was a little bit worried about which was taking what Antonio Berardi had created and making it my own. I loved everything he produced in the 2010 Spring/Summer range and there were particular garments which stood out to me, and i didn't want my range to look like i was ripping his work off.


The next couple of days i continued designing and started playing around with different silhouettes, shapes, angles, straps, lengths, necklines, everything! I had drawn 6 to 7 pages of designs and decided to pick the 6 that i was certain about having in my range. When i put the 6 together i didn't get the wow factor i was hoping for so i thought i would sleep on it.


I woke the next day and instantly decided i wanted to have a wedding dress in my fabulous range. It's always been a dream of mine because it is something that i have thought about getting into, its always such a glamorous day no matter what the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment