Thursday, June 3, 2010

Design/Experimenting/Corel

After completing all my final designs i began to draw the good copy of each drawing displaying the front and back views, and the correct shade and tone of colour i wanted the garment to be. I love drawing so i was in my element when doing each design, it makes me very happy and calm which is nice, seeing as if I'm going to be a crazy woman majority of the time during this year!


By the end of the week i had completed all my designs and had started to source fabrics. A group of us from tafe decided to organise an appointment with Alan Broadbent who sells wholesale fabrics. When we all walked into his shed and started to look at fabrics we were all like kids in a candy shop! I found some fabrics which i liked but the difficult decisions are based on what colours to get. I have unusual shades of colour which i want to get right to make them resemble my designs. Over the week end i went to Melbourne and my lecturers had given me fabric places to visit. Unfortunately i had forgotten the piece of paper that i ad written all the shops to go to! I managed to get to one called "Clegs" but they didn't have anything special or the particular fabrics i was after. However, i would like to plan another trip to Melbourne especially for buying fabrics and this time i wont forget to bring the sheet of paper with all the stores on it!




I began to draw my designs on corel as my range board was due the next time i was to have my meeting with my lecturers. I completed majority of my designs both front and back views within 2 days. I was very impressed with myself because computers tent to not like me! Now all i have to do is fill in the colour of each garment and put the embellishments on each design. Shouldn't be that difficult to do but we'll see how i go!

Today i went to buy some fabrics, silk Georgette, silk chiffon and silk organza. Over the week end i am going to be experimenting with smocking. I need to figure out which silk i am going to use for my smocked pieces in my range. My jacket and half of one of my skirts are going to be smocked so i am testing which silk fabric looks the best and will hold the best. Here's to a relaxing week end on the couch sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment