Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Decisions continued!

I am still having trouble figuring out what fabric i want to do all my bodices in let alone my skirts! It's getting very frustrating because i don't want to get behind in my work! My lecturers are telling me to do it in organza and have a power mesh at the back which connects with hook and eyes. However, I'm not sure if i will be able to find the same colour in each of the fabrics which is going to be difficult to do and i know i will not like having two different tones of colour put together even though you wouldn't really be able to pick it up.

I thought i would leave it and continue to search whilst i pattern make the red dress. I had to get some help when it came to the skirt part of the dress so i went in to see the oh so lovely Sophie, who helped me out! I was surprised i finished the toile all in one day! I decided i wanted to get it out the way so i could fully focus on my final range.

I decided since i hadn't a clue what fabric i was going to use i would go see a family friend of mine who could help me out! We talked and talked about the different fabrics i could use to gain the similar effect Antonio Berardi had produced. It was suggested that i use either silk Georgette or a stretch tulle. However, the trouble with the stretch tulle is that i would have to use at least 2 to 3 layers and account for the stretch especially if i was embroidering on top! With the silk Georgette, i would have to use 1 to 2 layers but the fit of it would not be any comparison to the stretch tulle as to how t would hug the body. The only way i would find this out would be to toile up a bodice, one in the silk Georgette and the other in the stretch tulle.

I have done a toile in the silk Georgette and i feel that the stretch tulle is going to be more effective in a way that it will hug the body better and this is just by looking at it! I think i know i want to do it in the stretch tulle now and i also know that it is going to be a lot of work! How i am looking forward this so much :|

No comments:

Post a Comment