Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

After printing out about 100 pages I had finally gotten the correct colours for my designs. I then went to Office Works and bought some card for my range board. I like doing collages so i bought lots of different sized card and unusual paper so i could get the effect i wanted for my range board. I decided to choose dark colours because my range consists of a lot of pastels and i thought by having a dark background my designs would stand out!

I scanned the fronts of my fashion illustrations because i didn't want to fix them up on the computer. I have always liked the "raw" look when it comes to presenting my work, I'm not sure why, i think its because i find art so beautiful because it is real and hasn't been touched up on a computer to look like something its not. My range has that raw beauty.


I began cutting out my pictures and laying them on the board to figure out what concept i wanted to display for my range board. I decided to raise my fashion illustration on a foam board and my trade sketches across from the fashion illustrations on this beautiful, charcoal, hand made paper. However, the one thing missing from my range board is the name which is still coming to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment