Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pondering

I decided to research a bit about smocking. There are two types of smocking, north American smocking and English smocking. I chose to use north American smocking because i thought it would look more elegant on the delicate fabrics that i was going to experiment with.



I have completed all my smocking pieces and surprisingly i finished them quiet quickly! I decided i wanted to use the Georgette fabric for my smocking pieces because it created the look i wanted. It is so beautiful and delicate but still holds the sheer opaqueness of the fabric. All 3 fabrics created a different look and i enjoyed reaching the end of each piece and holding it up and looking in wonder at the outcomes.

Silk Georgette
Silk Chiffon
Silk Organza

I then plonked my self onto a computer and continued on with putting my range onto corel. I only needed to fill the colours of each garment but i found it hard to find the right tone of colours. I decided i wanted to put my embellishment details on after i had printed because they are so intricately detailed. When it came to printing my range, the printer decided it didn't want to work for me which was rather annoying! Eventually it began to work but some colours didn't come out the same way they looked on the computer screen so i had to experiment until it looked right on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment