Monday, August 9, 2010

Cutting!

I continued cutting out all the pattern that were in the cream Faille. This took me majority of the day and my hands were extremely sore today and i kept getting cramps so i had to stop every now and them and do some hands exercises to keep my blood flowing. When i left Tafe i noticed that my thumb began to swell up and i was freaking out thinking that it was going to pop off! It slowly went down but i think i might have pinched a nerve from all the cutting i had completed in the last two days.

I arrived at Tafe early to continue with my patterns because i wanted to get ahead of myself as i felt a bit behind, even though i was the only one that had started cutting, and i thought to myself i have so much beading to do that i need to be a little bit ahead! Today i started cutting the oyster Faille and i had a lot of skirt pieces to cut out which took me a whole 2 days to cut for 2 skirts as they had so many pieces! I then realised i hadn't cut out my linings but it wasn't a lot of cutting because the majority of the designs had to be self lined in the fabric as you would see the contrast of the 2 if i had done the lining. I still have to cut out the cream lining for the skirts and jackets, and i need to cut fusing for all pattern pieces in the Faille material!

No comments:

Post a Comment