Friday, August 20, 2010

Fusing

After cutting out majority of my fabric i began cutting out the fusing for the Faille as the fabric creases and bruises easily. This took me a couple of days to cut out the fusing. I ended up running out of fusing and i had almost finished cutting out all the fusing for the skirts! I decided i would fuse the skirts and cut out the fusing for the rest of the garments that were in the Faille when i could get some more. It took me the rest of the day to fuse the skirts and i had to wait a bit because there was a line to fuse!

My skirts was ready to sew and i was very nervous to start because i didn't want to stuff up anything! The skirt turned out really well and i was so impressed as the fabric looked beautiful and the shape of the skirt fit nicely on a human body. I then pressed all the seams open on the skirt. After sewing it i realised that i had cut the Faille fabric for the lining and i needed normal lining because the faille fabric was so thick already. I cut out the lining for the skirt again in the normal lining and cut out some fusing then went down to fuse it so it was ready to be sewn which didn't take that long.

I began sewing the second skirt and then realised i had forgotten to cut out a couple of lining pieces! I was really annoying because i was sick of cutting out more fabric and fusing. I left the second skirt and cut out more lining and fusing, then fused the pieces and sewed them together then sewed them to the skirt. I had gotten some more fusing so i could cut out the rest of the fusing for the third skirt. I then fused the skirt pieces and began sewing the third skirt together but only sewed the outer shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment