Sunday, August 29, 2010

More sewing!

I had to unpick my jacket as i had sewn the facing in the wrong way because i had cut too many pieces! I then sewed the correct facings to the jacket and pressed all the seams open and pressed the darts.

I then started sewing all my pink bodices together which was tricky as i had to sew three layers of each pieces then sew the pieces together, rather fiddly! I had to cut out fusing for the cups of the first bodice and then sewed them together. I continued cutting out fusing for all the cups of the bodices and then went on to fuse and sew together so they were ready to be sewn to the bodices. I couldn't attach the cups to the bodices as i had to insert the boning first. I then sewed the oyster bodice bodice and then pressed all the seams of each bodice towards the back.

I continued with my smocking but then i realised that i was waisting time doing it at Tafe when i could be doing it at home whilst watching the Tele.

I continued on with my third skirt and finally finished it! The zip matched up perfectly and i was so proud of myself! I then went on to experiment what method i would use for the casings that the boning would be inserted into. I talked to my lecturers and they advised me to cut a 3.5cm strip of fabric on the grain line because if it were cut on the bias it would be more difficult to sew onto the bodice. I didn't really need to try any other methods as the first toile worked out really well, so i decided to go with that method. I was very excited that i was sewing in my casings and then went to find Lesley to see if my boning had arrived which luckily enough it did but she had to cut it and get it ready for me. I decided to continue with preparing my casings but i had to see if my fabric was going to work as well as it did in the first toile. I cut a strip out of my fabric and sewed it to my bodice. I then pressed it and it looked fantastic which was a relief as i was scared i would have to unpick and try another method! I began to cut out strips of my fabric for the casings so they were ready to be sewn to the bodices.

No comments:

Post a Comment