Friday, August 20, 2010

Sewing and Smocking

I set up my machine ready to sew the outer shells and linings of my jackets. I decided i would wait until Monday to sew the jackets completely together because i know i would need some help from the lecturers as i have forgotten bit and pieces of how to sew a jackets properly!

I then had to make up a grid for my smocking. I cut a 1.5m of Calico and began ruling up a grid 3cm by 3cm so it would be easier to dot onto the Georgette. I thought it was going to take me forever to dot the fabric because the grid was huge but it only took me about half an hour. I then started to smock the Georgette. I did ask my lecturer if i had to use a stronger thread to smock with but because i have a backing behind it i wouldn't need to, and the thread i had was pretty string anyway. I only completed 2 lines until it came to my attention that it was time to go home so i would just continue to smocking the humongous piece of Georgette at home over the weekend. I was a bit worried about the colour of the fabric against the Faille because they didn't really blend. I asked a couple of my friends what they thought and they advised me it looked great and i shouldn't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment