Monday, August 9, 2010

Jackets!

It was time to start my jackets which i was dreading because i have always thought jackets to be hard! The first jacket had smocking on the back so i pattern made a backing for it to go onto and took out the dart into the centre back. I then pattern made the front of the jacket which i made similar to one of my jackets because i really liked the shape of the lapel which was a roll collar and this was easy to pattern make. When it came to pattern making the sleeve i decided to make the width at the bottom bigger because i wanted someone to be able to roll the sleeve about three quarters of the way up. I traced all the pattern pieces off and started cutting each pattern out. I had sewn french seams down the centre back and on the sleeves. I fit the jacket onto my mannequin and thought the collar looked amazing. I then tried the jacket on to examine the length of the sleeve and to test how the sleeve would roll up my arm. I folded the sleeve twice and rolled it up my arm where it sat comfortably and examined myself in the mirror, and liked what i saw!



No comments:

Post a Comment