Friday, August 20, 2010

Fusing and Sewing

I decided i would leave my wedding dress until i had completed all the other garments because there is a lot of work to do for the skirt part of the dress. I also wanted to begin sewing my bodices together because i have so much beading to do!

I cut out the fusing for my fourth skirt and fusing them so they were ready to sew. I held off sewing the forth skirt because it was a bit tricky with the assembly sequence. I decided to cut out the fusing for the jackets and fuse them so they were ready to sew after i had sewn all the skirts together.

I continued sewing the third skirt and realised that i had bluffed the wrong side of one of the skirt panels! I had to unpick and then bluff the other side of the skirt which didn't take that long to do but it was frustrating! I started to pin the hems of the skirt panels together and then sewed them .5cm. The skirt looked fantastic and i was so excited i tried it on and it looked even better when on the body!

I then started the fourth skirt together which was very tricky and then realised that i had forgotten to leave the seams apart because i had to insert the smocking pieces! I decided i would leave the skirt the way it was and when it came inserting the smocking then i would figure out how to sew it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment