Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And it begins!

My first day at Tafe was very enjoyable. It was exciting to see everyone again and claiming our sewing machines to make sure that we picked a good one! I couldn't wait to get started on my work again as a felt as though i didn't do enough work during the holidays. I began with pinning the toile of my bodice to my mannequin so i could check the seams, fit and the length. The first change i had to make was to redraw some of the seams because they had pulled forward. I then transferred the markings from the bodice onto paper. I decided to use a different coloured marker for each of the 6 styles of bodices in my range. By having 6 different colours marked on the bodice "master" i can just trace off each pattern. I thought this would be a good idea because i want each bodice to fit the same but to have something unique, and that unique twist is having different necklines and hems.

My first day went so quickly that when i looked at the clock it was 3:00 and i had to start packing up to leave for my train home. I was very happy with what i had accomplished in my first day and i had already planned what i needed to get done for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment