Saturday, July 31, 2010

skirts, Skirts, Skirts!

I arrived at Tafe early to begin sewing my third skirt. This is my favourite skirt because i love the design. This skirt was quiet easy to sew and i was surprised as it had a lot more pieces involved however it did take longer! When i had sewn all the pieces together i then went to fit the skirt to the mannequin when i realised i hadn't put a centre back seam in! I didn't panic though as it was pretty simple to fix, i just cut down the centre back and re traced my centre back pattern so i had two pieces for the back. I was immediately impressed when i saw it on the mannequin! I couldn't believe that all my toiles had turned out so well so far that i really didn't want to jinx myself!




I began pattern making the next skirt which had a lot of panels that incorporated the smocking that appeared underneath the wings of the skirt. I had to ask for some help with this one especially with the side seams because the smocking is in the Georgette which attaches to a firmer fabric and I'm very worried that it might pull and tear. I was pattern making this skirt for the rest of the day which i completed so it was ready to cut out my toiling tomorrow. Hopefully i haven't jinxed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment