Friday, July 23, 2010

Good news!

I continued to trace the rest of my bodices off which i completed just before lunch. After lunch i cut out the first pattern of the bodices and toiled it up. I found that the shape of the bodice had changed shape because i had sewn it in a different fabric. I thought i shouldn't continue with toiling my bodices in that fabric because the fabric i am using is so different in stretch and weight. I questioned my lecturers about what i should do and they advised me that i shouldn't toile in that fabric because it will change the shape of my patterns which i do not want. My first toile,which i had sewn in the stretch tulle was perfect so my lecturers suggested i put 2cm of seam allowance just to be safe.

As i didn't have to toile up the rest of my bodices i began pattern making my skirts. I had already started pattern making the first skirt but i needed a little help on how i would sew it together. After talking to my lecturers about the construction of the skirt i found it very easy to pattern make and sew the skirt. It didn't take me long to sew the skirt together and i was very impressed with the outcome! I noticed i didn't put in a centre back seam so i cut one to get it onto the model. I started pinning the hem and the centre back seam to see how the skirt fit on the model. I was very excited as the skirt turned out so well! The fit was perfect and the shape of the skirt was fabulous just what i wanted it to look like. The only thing i had to change on the pattern was to put in the centre back seam allowance.




No comments:

Post a Comment