Friday, July 23, 2010

Skirts, Skirts, Skirts!

I felt behind today and i really wanted to get this second skirt finished! I cut the skirt pieces out and started sewing them all together, which i found to be quiet easy. Then i completely forgot to cut out the backing for the waist band which didn't take that long and once it was sewn on i began to fit it to the model. I was very surprised how this skirt fit the model because the angles were going the other way compared to the first skirt so i instantly thought i would have trouble with it. To my surprise i didn't and the second skirt turned out just as brilliant as the first!



I was on a high after completing the second skirt because it turned out so well! I began pattern making the third skirt and because i had talked with my lecturers about how to construct each skirt it was easy for me as i knew what i was doing. It was pretty simple pattern making the third skirt which came to my surprise because it looked harder than the other skirts. I completed my pattern making and went on to pin and cut out the pattern pieces. However, i ran out of time so i wasn't able to sew the skirt together. I was very impressed with myself for getting almost three skirts finished, i would have liked to have sewn it together but ill just have to wait for Monday! Hopefully the third skirt turns out just as amazing as the other two!

No comments:

Post a Comment